Wednesday, October 28

New Pc


Hello everyone. How are you doing? I hope you are doing fine. If not, just know that everything will be alright.

Last post, I talked about building my own PC. I mentioned that I was short on the one and only most important part of the PC which is the Graphic Card. I pretty much can't use the PC until I have the GPU. And I really needed the PC so that I can use it for online class. I cannot afford the patience to use my ancient old laptop. So I am super desperate to get my PC working. 

I decided to go for a secondhand GPU. Oh did I mentioned? I don't have the money to buy a new one. Yes thats one of the biggest reason. I thought to myself, that I should just invest on a good graphic card. But then again, I told that to myself before the second wave of Covid hit. Right now, I don't really have a choice but to find the cheapest, usable GPU I could fine.

So I go to Carousell. I love browsing through Carousell to just window shops for some stuff. You could definitely find a lot of secondhands things there. But you do have to be careful for scammerss. So I found quite a lot of selections. I found one that is cheap (this is very subjective. I'm still a noob in the PC build world so I don't really know the definition of cheap or expensive for used items.) But for me its a steal! Especially in this desperate situation.

So I bought it!

It only took 2 days to ship. I was super excited. I spent the entire evening to install the GPU into my PC. I had to do other stuff that I can't remember. And then I finally think that I'm done and ready to boot the PC for the first time. I was super nervous. What if the PC goes kaboom? But I managed to gather the remaining confidence in myself to press the power button. But instead of it going kaboom, its goes silent....

Lol IT DIDN'T TURNED ON!!!!

At this point I was scared but I tried to remained calm. I googled some stuff. I go on Youtube and what not. I tried to make sure that everything is plugged or connected right. And right when I touched this one big cable, my PC turned on! LOL So it was a loose cable! Thank goodness!

After that, I install windows, setting up some other stuffs.. aaaaaaaaand I got myself a new PC!!! Yey!!!So yeah, I'm typing this now on my new PC. It felt like 109 times more faster than my ancient old laptop. I don't know if I'm gonna start streaming soon but here's my page (if anyone even curious lol).

If you guys want help to build your own PC, just contact me lol.

Yes, this is my current set up or should I call it my battlestations??? LOL. But yeah, I'm super proud of myself. It has only been less than 24 hours since I booted for the first time, and it still feels surreal. This is all thanks to my parents, for paying me for  helping them so I could afford all the parts, people on Reddit and a lot of Youtube channels, also my friend Yana who have given me endless support, Thankyou so much! :'D

No comments:

Post a Comment