Thursday, May 16

the evolution of my blog header

so i was getting into that "internet rabbit hole" and found my old gaia online profile with the wayback machine, which ehem i don't wanna talk about. 

but that made me remembered about my blog. yes this blog. obviously i can't put my blog on the wayback machine because over the course of how many years i've had this blog, i've changed the url a dozen of times. therefore, there aren't anything archive in there except for the "this blog url is not available" or something.

but nevertheless, i've known a way to find all the old header designs that i've ever had for the blog. as long as i still use the same gmail for the blog all those years then i'll definitely find thoe stuff all at one place; Google Album Archive

eventho i felt like it'll be far more interesting if i get to see the revolution of how my whole blog looks like from the beginning of time. you know? instead of just a mere header.. but thats ok. at least we have something to laugh about right? hehe

as a graphic design grad myself, i find this absolutely fascinating. to see the changes in the designs, from the very awkward collage and colourful teenage phase  to the very plain and boring minimalist design. (also bare in mind that i created this blog on 2010 and i was 14 at that time and i was also just starting to get into kpop and bigbang hehe)

its sometimes really funny to look at. how i evolve as a person and how my designs has also (mediocrely is that even a word) also evolve in a way. i'm probably lying if i say that i'm not proud of that.

so here is what we've all been waiting for, my header evolution from the very moment (or so maybe) this blog has been born into the internet world.  

Photo:

I came in with dat rainbow sis. im so happy back then lmao

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

I obviously had a thing for GD even from the beginning i kid u not xD

Photo:

Photo:

still running the same theme over again. i must be obsessed with this man. i mean i still probably am. but i could've maybe use a different a pic of him?

Photo:

ok here we go. otaku in me came thru.

Photo:

we back at it again with the rainbow. now with some poetry and lip stain. cool.

Photo:

ok now here we go with the pink. girly lina come thru!

Photo:

cute.

Photo:
oh gosh.
Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

ohmygoodness, is there where line first learned how make transparent background? haha

Photo:
Photo:
Photo:

omg. omg. omg. look at that lasso skills tho. i have no feet. pewdiepie who???

Photo:

honestly at this point. there's not one time i don't have a .png header.

Photo:

Photo:

oh here come my domo kun phase everyone~
Photo:
ooh and the first time i learned how to make it seems like my header and the post body were combined. 
Photo:
is this a yahoo font? oh yeah, lets appreciate the font revolution i've gone thru as well~
Photo:
ok rillakuma i see u.
Photo:
the pink is back.

Photo:
ok i'm having a cookie monster phase now. cant blame me for that.

Photo:
this is where i discovered the bubbles in PhotoScape i guess?

Photo:
Photo:
oh yes.. i started to include my drawing. come thru creativity!

Photo:
Photo:
and then i got lazy and continue on just stealing other people drawing lol. 
Photo:
oh just when you think im done with all the kpop stuff..

Photo:
oh here we go. me being a lame ass.
Photo:
do i think adding a color would make it look at least interesting?
Photo:
Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

look at the work process that i ended up resorting to a plain white font.

Photo:

ok just when i thought my life just getting boring....

Photo:

Photo:

lol i still do this cos i love cloud. so im not mad at this.
Photo:

ok here we go again we self-drawn header. and the start of my krunk bear phase.
Photo:

see? but no it wont stop here...
Photo:
Photo:
Photo:
having a lil break from all the krunk-ness..
Photo:

but here we go again..

Photo:

here i thought 4 isnt enough because there's ot5 in bigbang. (oh sh*t little did i know -.- )
Photo:
Photo:
Photo:
Photo:
and my lame as always goes back to the lame ass monochrome.

Photo:
ok my drawing is back.

Photo:

ok we got some pattern going own. whats with the circles? nobody knows.

Photo:

aye i used winner's font here. 

Photo:
Photo:

ok here we go with my minimalist lame ass.. 

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:

Photo:
and thats the last of it. these are definitely not everuthing. cos i have a lot of the same designs in there just with different dimensions or something cos its a trial and error when applying it on the blog. you gotta see if its gonna fit or not and yadda yadda..

so as you can see.. i definitely love love love colour a lot back then but as i am getting older i find that my taste has change. i still do love colour. but i really do prefer simple designs. especially on my blog. if i do wanna use colour its probably just 1 color at least, just as an accent color. 

i think my design in general changes along with my environment. the more i see stuff, i'll get inspired on something, i sometimes would had certain ideas in mind and stuff. but overall, i felt like my life is just getting boring and thats it. i feel like my younger me is more free and love to try new things. as you can see from all the colour that i've experimented. and eventho its just phase that i've gon thru, its definitely a really cool things to experienced. especially knowing that how my future actually revolved around designs as well. its wholesome.

x.

6 comments:

  1. I could totally see how the trend has changed for the past years in design and I foresee the old trend of bright colours would be back again.

    And the miku one is cute. #bias

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly speaking, all these style used to be super famous back then! Hehe, we are just following trends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaa this is actually great to see the changes that happen in our blog. Would love to post this kind of entry ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i think about my old blog i laugh.. so many things i learned through blog.. Huhu i'm a VIP Fans.. I wish to see bigbang songs

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's spectacular! i saw this saying on pinterest recently, "don't grow up. it's a trap" haha. i think that saying works for me. but here i am envy you huhu. you're growing up well. keep the good spirit sis =)

    ReplyDelete